Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Peek into Last Week

A few items from our week last week...

I'm always so jealous of friends who cook fabulous meals and make their recipes sound so yummy (See Domestic Notebook blog...I'm green with envy at every post). I finally MADE time for a creation of my own...
Giada's baked angelhair with eggplant. (Sorry, time crunch posting and no time to hyperlink.)Jonathan actually said it may be the best thing I've cooked since we got married!

Saturday morning, before my four-mile run (hooray, I survived it), Ace and I went for a donut date. Hey, mommy needed some energy. It was so humid that my camera lens fogged up!
More sugar for my sweet...Ace and I went by the Great American Cookie Company and indulged after church Saturday night. He was so excited. He held a complete conversation with the cookie guy and ran up and down the counter saying, "I want that one, and that one, and that one....." He's definitely mine!


At the zoo on Sunday, we laughed and laughed because the lion's name was Jonathan. The description of the lion cracked us up even more (hopefully you can click and make it big enough to read).
Love me some Ace.
Daddy loves him some Ace too. Daddy held Ace up to the fish tank and, all of a sudden, a big catfish-looking algae-eater swam right in front of his face and TERRIFIED him! He started crying. Poor baby.
So sweaty from the zoo we needed a bath. Ace's latest is to "float" in his bath, which means he lays down in the water. That means our baths now only contain like an inch of water!
Just a bunch of our random doings.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ha ha. Don't be too deceived - last night we had hamburger helper!
That eggplant dish looks awesome. I'm going to look it up!
Ace is just as cute as ever and is growing up so quickly!
I'm going to be in town next week and would love to see you. I'll email you!

The Bailes said...

Man, I'm going to cook that recipe up too! It looks sooooo good and pretty!

Meredith said...

That looks yummy!! I'm gonna try it!

smithec said...

I loved this post Kelly! You are such a fun Mommy and Ace and Jonathan are blessed to have you in their lives! :)