Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Marry Me" Memory

If this face asked you to marry him, could you say "no"?!
Here was our morning conversation...
M = Mommy
A = Ace

M: Ace, hurry and get ready. I need to take your picture for Ms. Brittany.
A: Who's Brittany?
M: She's one of my best friends (sidenote - Ace is OBSESSED with "best friends").
A: Can I be her best friend too?
M: Sure. You're going to be in her wedding.
A: Then I be married like you and Daddy! Can I marry you?
M: No silly. I'm married to Daddy.
A: Then I'm gonna marry Mims. (Mims = Lily Kate)
M: You can't marry her, she's your sister. You have to find a best friend to marry.
A: Mommy, you're my best friend.
M: You're my best friend too. But I married Daddy because he's my best friend.
A: No! Daddy's my best friend. You can't marry him.
M: Boys don't marry boys silly. (Please, no ideological comments on this one if you disagree.)
A: Yes they do.
M: No they don't. And they don't marry their sisters either. Plus, you can't get married until you're like twenty or something.
A: Ok, Mom. I will marry you when I'm twenty.

I'm in love with him all over again.

2 comments:

Team Emmons said...

Adorable. I absolutely love that boy & hope Will has some of that precious personality when he's older! :)

The Bailes said...

Sweet boy, love the conversations! LOVE your background too...ours match! We both must have great taste ;)