Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NOprah (Sorry Leah - It's a Rant)

I've always watched Oprah with a guarded mind, knowing that she doesn't completely believe the same things that I do. I think she's intelligent and powerful and had great taste in favorite things. I can appreciate, love and watchpeople even when they don't believe what I do. Today...no more Oprah for me.

When I hear her talk about our president-to-be and say that he's a source of hope and a spiritual figure, that his campaign was a spiritual movement and things like that...well, it is my humble opinion that those things can only be ascribed to the Lord. I think Billy Graham is a spiritual guy and he gives hope...but his spirit belongs to Jesus who is the source of his hope and he would never let you say that he is anything in his own power.

Oh Oprah. Fare the well. I'll still eat your favorite Greenburg turkey for Thanksgiving but not while watching your show.

2 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Totally agree. I have always liked Oprah, but I have finally had enough of her "confusion". She is sooo lost in her spiritual being, that I can't handle her saying things anymore. Dave says that she's the antichrist! haha

smithec said...

Kelly! Totally on the same page! Although I haven't been watching her for the past few months, I firmly put my foot down and said NEVER again as I watched her drooling in the crowd during Obama's victory speech. She has set her hope in the wrong place. I am going to try to remember to pray for the Lord to open her eyes to HIS truth, not Eckhart Tolle's.