Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ace 101

The thing I love MOST about my Ace is his happy personality. Jonathan and I aren't the only ones who are so surprised at how HAPPY he is, all of the time. The second thing I love most is his ever-growing vocabulary. I was dropping him off at Nana's house the other day and one of the mom's was coming up the stairs and said, "Oh. You're Ace's mom? We are hoping he will teach Peyton to talk." Peyton is older than Ace!


Sometimes you must know Ace's code language though. This will help...


"The Mober"
(Couldn't get it to rotate!)
Ace will say, "Daddy's mobin' Mommy."
"I want Pluto."
Ace is really picky about his clothes, shoes and even his diapers right now. He insists on having Pluto on his diapers. Wish Huggies would sell only Pluto.

"I want Hide."
This means that Ace wants to get under the covers and destroy our bed. If he says "Mommy too" that means I am allowed to hide too. If he says "Mommy, get out" he gets a scolding!

Right to left: "Mick-a-Donald", "Pidermaaaan," "Other Mick-a-Donald."
Thank goodness for McDonald's happy meal toys.


"Mantis" or "Santis"
This is Brookelyn's McDonald's toy! Ace stole it because he loves Kung Fu Panda. Sorry Brookelyn but Ace even sleeps with it.
(Side note: "Ba-look-a-lyn" is how Ace pronounces her name)
"The Tiger"
I think this came from Kung Fu Panda but I have no idea how it attached to this monster truck.
"The Leopard"
Same explanation as "The Tiger" above
"The Win-now...Not on table."
Ace used to crash his toys on our glass-topped kitchen table. For safety reasons, I started making him play on the windowsill. Now, he'll take his toys and repeat this phrase.
"Up-dairs."
This is usually followed by "I want da playground Mommy." (Translated it means he wants to play in the play/ game room.)
Other helpful terms:
The Lazies - the Kids' Korner ladies at the gym
Hup - Help
Oh no - precedes everything
Air-slane - Airplane
Tweet Tweet - Bird
Meow - Cat
I want diet coke. - This means he wants to go to McDonalds.
No poop. - This means he's pooped.
Ace, you entertain us constantly!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

So cute...I love what little kids come up with!

Emily said...

Funny, Ace! I like "No poop". Why is it that all kids deny the presence of poop in their diapers!? Ha ha.