Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wings Over Houston

Aunt B and Uncle James have been going to the Houston Air Show for over 10 years. They used to go with my grandpa who flew during wartime. A picture of "Paw Paw Johnny" hangs in Ace's room and, though he is no longer physically with us, Ace talks about Paw Paw all the time and knows he flew. Paw Paw used to share his good candy only with me and he has a really special place in my heart.
Jonathan's grandad was a highly regarded airman too. Ace comes from good stock.
He was lovin' driving the hummer.
The big attraction this year were the Thunderbird. They were A-MA-ZING.

I cannot describe how closely they flew together. It was as if any of them changed their speed at all, they would touch.

Can't believe I actually managed a picture of one upside down and one right-side up! Most of the time, they were so fast my camera was pointed in the entirely wrong direction because they had flown past me.
Yup! He rode the mechanical bull. HE insisted that's what he wanted to do and, despite promising me he wouldn't cry, the bull bucked a little too much and he cried to be let off. Hey, high points for the attempt.
It was a fantastic time and Ace loved it. He told Uncle James as we left that "it was the greatest time." I have to give credit to Jonathan who stayed home with Lily Kate so that I could go. He did feedings, naps and everything!!! When I got home, she was happy, fed and clean. I am still pretty amazed. He was a little unhappy that he'd missed going to the HUGE Baylor win over Kansas in Waco but plans to travel to their bowl game to make up for it.

1 comments:

The Bailes said...

so much fun, way to go, Jonathan...you took care of your little princess all alone :)