Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Best afternoon ever!

If I were to imagine my perfect afternoon, it would have been last Sunday:
75 degrees
A shady spot at the park
Burgers
A blanket
Holding my babies
I shut my eyes a few times and just listened to Jonathan and Ace playing and laughing & the sound of Lily Kate breathing. I can't imagine a bigger gift.
It didn't last long enough and I'm hoping for a repeat this weekend.
It was nice to slow down, turn the tv off (which never happens in our house) and just feel the sun on my skin along with a cool breeze. (Houston gets plenty of the sun but not the breeze!)
I will retreat to the memory of this afternoon whenever I have a bad day.

2 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Oh that does sound heavenly! Loved the pictures. You're kiddos are so cute! This is definitely my favorite time of year!!! Here's to another repeat of last weekend for this coming one!

smithec said...

so sweet. hope it's even better when you recreate it this weekend. :)