Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ace's Faces

Here are Ace's latest faces...

Awful quality, I know. I had to sneak upstairs and take this picture from around a corner. He was lounging in his puppy dog chair, eating his waffle and watching tv. It was cracking me up.
This is post melt-down (because there were no free swings at the Easter egg hunt).
How quickly his moods change.
Total focus.
Eating his egg-hunt treasure during the hunt.
In the fire truck at the egg-hunt.
He told the fireman he wanted to put on his seat belt.
"Nummy."
This is the first time I've ever let him lick a spoon! Shame on me.
Our ode to Passover:
Grape juice - wine/ blood of Christ
Celery - bitter herbs/ harshness of Jewish Eqyptian slavery
Almonds - represents mortar for Eqyptian storehouses
Bread - body of Christ
Eggs (in Ace's hand) - temple sacrifice

NO, we aren't Jewish and didn't consider it a Seder. I just wanted a meal that reminded us of Christ, his sacrifice and deliverance from our sin. No lamb in the stores and our bread was moldy! I'll try better next year.
Ace loved the celery and almonds.
A more worldly Easter treat...PEEPS! Obviously they were a hit.
Lounging on the ottoman, eating his waffles.

I love every face!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a Passover meal- I'm totally going to steal that for next year! What day is passover celevrated on- the 14th? Btw, are you going private? If not, I'm going to add you to my blog list!

The Bailes said...

Love your idea of a passover meal too, Kelly! And, thell Ace, I love peeps too!