Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ace's 2009 Yearbook

Today is MOMENTOUS! I finally finished Ace's 2009 Yearbook!!!

I used Picaboo.com for Ace's 2007 and 2008 yearbooks and thought I'd look around to make sure it was still the best product for me. I wanted the ability to make my own layouts, determine the size of my text boxes and position everything where I wanted it on the page. Picaboo hadn't previously allowed me to do any of those as all of their layouts and sizes were set.

I tried Blurb and SmileBooks. I liked that these two offered complete customization but it was taking me FOREVER to complete just one month. After two full days of frustration at my lack of progress, I went back to Picaboo and discovered that it actually revamped its software and now calls it PicabooX. PicabooX let me change the size and position of photos and text, yipee!

One thing I absolutely love about PicabooX is all of the fun backgrounds. I'm sure my affinity for Picaboo comes somewhat from the fact that I'm familiar with it and can produce a book quickly. I also love that they are always running promotions. When I ordered my book today, I got 40% off!!!! (That meant that I saved $78 and paid $125 for his book. If I compare that to the cost of getting all of the photos printed at the store and putting them in a paper scrapbook, I know I saved a ton of money.)

Here's a link to my masterpiece. I will be eagerly checking my mailbox all next week for it!!! Now I can actually start working on the current year. (Since I've already taken over 500 photos of Lily Kate, I need to start the editing process early.)

http://app.picaboo.com/WebView/Project.aspx?clientID=f81c46b73ce54dc583536282ffd269ae&version=42957

1 comments:

Meredith said...

The book looks great, Kel! You always do such a good job. I've got to get going on our family one for 2010 before I get too behind :)