Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Froggy came to visit

At Ace's school, they have a backpack named Froggie who gets lonely when the kids leave so he goes home with a different child each weekend. Last weekend was our turn. Ace had a BLAST. (Sorry for the scanned pages. You may have to click on them to read 'em.)
Ace colored on every entry page. This is painful for his OCD Mom who wants everything perfect and pretty.
Got to love Lily Kate's ears. She gets them from her Mommy, Sashi and great-grandad Poppy Gil.


I didn't think he was going to let Froggie go so I finished the journal the night before school and we read it together. Last night, he asked me where Froggie was in a pitiful little voice and whimpered when I reminded him that he returned Froggie to Mrs. Maywald and Mrs. Coombs. He said, "Mama, I want a Froggie" to which I then threw the 3 stuffed animals at him which he's slept with for years: Horton the Elephant, Tole the Koala and Teddy Bear the...well, that's obvious. He asked if Santa would bring him one.
I think Santa's elves can whip one up before Christmas.

2 comments:

Jeanne Walker said...

I thought, "I think I'll see if Kelly has posted anything on her blog!" and I am so glad that I did.
I absolutely love the storybook poem about Ace and Froggie! You know, if you ever get weary of being a CPA, there's another career waiting for you! Hearts and hugs, Jeanne-e!

Emily said...

How cute is that?!
You and your awesome poems. I love it!