Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Turkey Day Travels

We loaded up and headed to San Antonio for Thanksgiving this year. When I say "loaded up" I mean it. Jonathan's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving so he set the menu, I did the shopping and we loaded it all up in coolers to take and cook down at Honey and Sashi's. Yes - we lost our minds.
We started out Thanksgiving with Turkey Cinnamon Rolls. (Used cinnamon rolls, biscuits and sprinkles to make a festive breakfast. Ace loved it!) Yikes, Mommy needs some makeup.
Ummm...yes. Lily Kate is wearing her Halloween shirt on Thanksgiving. Sometimes, I really think I've given all of my brains to my kids. Oh well, just look for the Thanksgiving duds in our Christmas photos I guess.
Daddy and his mini-me.
More cooking with Ace. Honey bought all of the goodies to make Turkey cookies. We constructed about 4 before he lost interest.
My FAVORITE part of the holiday was the lighting of the RiverWalk. Honey got us incredible seats at an italian restaurant and all of the lights came on when it got dark. Ace's comment was that it looked like Pixie Hollow (Tinkerbell's Home). He was just amazed at the river parade that followed with all of the lighted boats.
We took Ace up to Sashi's office on our last afternoon in town. The Lighthouse is having a door decorating contest and everything used has to be recycled. We cut up an old bathmat for the tree and some newspaper for the music notes. Our singing ladies are smashed and painted Coke cans. We made their bows out of old Capri Sun juice boxes and beer bottle caps (courtesy of Ace and Jonathan, in that order).
Lily Kate transitioned to Christmas in style.

I love the holidays.

1 comments:

The Bailes said...

You guys were sure crafty! I love the holidays too....sooooo many fun things to do!