Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Taking time

I had a moment this morning. One of those "smelling the roses" moments where I'm thankful for every second that ticks by. I saw these little cleats on the stairs: a sign of a healthy little boy wish sunshine in his hair and energy to power cities. Also a sign of someone who loves his routine and is following directions by taking his shoes off when he comes in and putting them on the stairs.
Little moments are what I'm relishing:
A laugh and a toot at the same time
Ace's dimple when he's trying to get out of trouble
The way Lily Kate smells like her nighttime lotion when I wake her in the morning
"Mommy will you come wipe my hiny"
Two little hands that have learned to reach for Mommy
"Do you smell that?" (always after Ace toots)
A smile so big it wrinkles her nose
Ace's constant questioning as to when he's getting married
Watching Ace's endless car and truck races
The sound of Lily Kate learning how to giggle
Snuggles
Lily Kate's infatuation with her brother

I'm thankful for an end to busy, tax season. I can now breathe a little between projects and appreciate more pieces of my puzzle.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

What is it about boys and their toots?? Lee 3 does the same thing! He laughs hysterically whenever he toots and then will say "more toot" and try to force more out! Silly boys!