Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Swim Lessons

We finally jumped in!

Ok, for whoever doesn't know, I am crazy with the kids around water. I don't know what happens to me. I just get overcome with anxiety and am VERY strict about nobody taking the kids to a pool except for Jonathan or me. (I've never known anyone whose drown or had a terrifying experience in the water. I don't know why I am this way.) Thank goodness Jonathan was a lifeguard or I may not even let HIM take the kids to the pool.
So, it is a lot for me to stay out of the pool and let someone else be in it with one of the most precious people in my life.
Enter...Ms. Halle.
Blowing Bubbles.


Starfish Floating.

He is constantly telling her what they should do next and what he doesn't want to do. He has been called "bossy britches" a lot lately.

Time for the kickboard.

This is Ace persuading Ms. Halle that it's time for playing and not a swimming lesson. He just jab, jab, jabs in the pool. I think she'll be teaching him to hold his breath just to get him to be quiet.


A happy spectator.

And if you haven't heard the story already...

After saying "hello" the second thing Ace said to Ms. Halle was, "Why are you brown?" After she said, "I don't know" and I said, "God made her that way" he followed up with, "I wanted you to be peach." I don't know WHERE this came from! His BEST friend at Mother's Day Out this past year was "brown" as Ace says it. We have talked so much in the past about how God makes you one way or another, including our color. I...wanted...to...die. She kind of laughed it off. Hopefully Ace will redeem himself.

Thank the LORD when we went to our second swim lesson last night he didn't bring it up again.

1 comments:

The Bailes said...

NOOOOOO! I had not heard the story...glad you got that one down in the books! I'm laughing in embarrassment for you right now and waiting MY turn for something like that to happen!