Monday, January 19, 2009

Wonderful Whirlwind Weekend

Acey and I drove to Dallas this weekend. He was the BEST passenger ever. He slept about 30 minutes of the 4 1/2 hour drive there and was totally content to entertain himself and watch Diego the rest of the time. On the way home he slept a little over an hour and happily watched Dora and read the rest of it. A few whines but NO tears. Sidenote: I finally figured out how to keep track of his pacifier in the car: I threaded his blanket through the loop on his pacifier so I could grab the blanket whenever he lost it!

We spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday with Brookelyn and Braedyn. I thought I couldn't love them any more but the more they grow, the more I adore them. Too many cute memories to list. Saturday night, Ace and I headed to Mary Kathryn's house. She hosted the best Merry Thanksgiving to date!
(I couldn't make the photo bigger.) Dinner was wonderful, catching up was even better and our game of Loaded Questions MUST become a Merry Thanksgiving tradition. I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard. (MK, I'm on the hunt for black licorice jellybeans. None for Ruthie. Popcorn for Brittany and Shan, you would receive a can of roach spray in the mail if it weren't on the prohibited list.) I had the best time and was reminded of how much I treasure each of you. Sorry we had to hit the road before everyone woke up.

Thanks Aunt LeLe and MK for your hospitality. Can't wait for the next trip to Dallas.



0 comments: