Monday, November 16, 2009

The 5th Mile

I DID IT!

Background...I started running in college. I never paid attention to how far or fast I ran, only to the amount of time I spent on the treadmill. At my best, I would run for an hour. In January, when Leah and Allen decided to start training for their marathon, I decided to start tracking my stats and set a goal for myself: 5 miles at a pace of 6 miles an hour. DON'T LAUGH! I'm not athletic and I'm used to running at a pace of about 5.4.

Now it's November and I FINALLY ran 5 miles (at 5.9...time to attack my pace)! It feels like I finished a marathon. I have no aspirations of even running a half marathon much less a marathon. It's such a great feeling to achieve a goal no matter how inconsequential. I think I will bask in it for a while.

Now it seems like 5 miles is so small (although I've only done it once!). What shall my next goal be???!!!

0 comments: