Thursday, November 19, 2009

Potty Training...the first 4 hours

After much prayer for endurance and patience, I was ready to go this morning. I had three potty seats, a timer, stools, stickers, trains, juice and a new potty chart.

Ace blew all my prep to bits.

He has CRIED non-stop since waking up this morning. I was ready to GIVE UP but, sad to admit, I need a vacation and if potty training has to be my excuse, I'll keep after it.

He cried on and off the potty. Screamed when his trains went off the track. Yelled when I left the room. Threw himself on the floor when I went to get more juice. I mean, what has possessed my precious Ace?

So, the update so far is: no accidents. He's pee-peed four times on the potty. No poop. He loves his Diego undies (thanks LeeLee). And now he's playing in his crib in diapers (I'm keeping him in diapers for naps and nighttime) fixing to take his nap. (Although right now, I can hear him yelling through the monitor "I don't want my bed", "I want Diego pants.")

I'm taking a NAP!
Who said that mommies have to potty train? I want to wring their neck!
No, no. I am thankful for my precious little man and am lucky to be his momma.
But I would be willing to pay someone to do this for me. Hee. Hee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck mommy! I'll be taking notes from how you do it!

smithec said...

Oh Kelly, sounds like you're doing better than I would be doing! Hang in there - you've got a really smart kid and he'll get it! :)

Dave and Tara Harris said...

AMEN to that....if you find anyone who wants extra money to potty train Ace, PLEASE let me know....Kate hasn't even been that difficult, but it is still a MAJOR inconvenience in my life!!! haha....it sounds like you are doing everything right! Hey, if he pottied 4 times on his first day, that's success!!! My problem is that Kate does great naked at the house all day, now how the heck do I ever leave the house and put cloths on her???? lol Good luck! This too shall pass...

The Bailes said...

Oh man...good luck! You can do it!