Sunday, August 29, 2010

Best Big Brother EVER!

Ace has SHOCKED me with his treatment of Lily Kate. He constantly wants to hold her and kiss her. He told me the other morning, "I'm going to give Lily Kate all your kisses!"
Right now, his big thing is for her to lay on his chest. He says, "Mommy, I want Lily Kate on my chest" and he pats himself with his sweet little hands. Melt my heart!
He really likes for me to tell Lily Kate about him. He'll say, "Mommy, tell her I'm her big brother," "Tell her I love her," "Tell her my name is Ace." This morning, we listed all of the things he'd teach her. His list included: all about Blue Angel airplanes, how to wear a hat, how to pee pee in the potty, how to kiss, how to brush her teeth (when she gets some) and how to play Transformers...just the important things I guess.
If I can just keep him from smushing her and poking her head. Wish I understood his fascination with those. Golden Rule: Never leave him alone with her!
But I am thrilled that they love each other so. She stops crying every time he holds her and just stares up at him with what I imagine to be complete adoration. I'm loving it while it lasts. It's not likely to go much past her ability to grab a monster truck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO cute!!

The Bailes said...

LOVE the growling, isn't it fun to watch them interact?!

Meredith said...

That video is too cute! Can't believe she didn't flinch with all that noise! Guess that's the 2nd child for you :)