Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally photos!

Lily Kate is two weeks old and I am finally getting back in the swing of things. I've been spending all my time trying to remember how to care for an infant. I can't believe the past two weeks have passed as fast as they have. Here are some shots I took of Lily Kate on a random afternoon.
Pink is her color.
Nope, red is her color.
Maybe she makes any color beautiful to me.
Lele, Brookelyn and Braedyn made a 10 HOUR car trip from Arkansas to meet Lily Kate. (All my other photos of LK and family are stuck on my iPhone!) They wanted to hold her so bad that Tata gave in.
For some reason, Honey and I found Lily Kate's yawn totallly precious. Every time she yawned we were late with the camera until this pic...you would have thought we won the lottery when we saw we'd captured the elusive yawn.
She is a complete treat. She looks so much like Ace that I find myself calling her "Bubba" and feeling like I'm dressing Ace in girls' clothing! Though I doubted my ability to love anyone as much as I love Ace, Lily Kate has taught me how wrong I was. I feel like I have loved her my entire life.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

She's so beautiful! Glad to see more pics!

smithec said...

Oh Kelly these are so sweet! She is just precious! So glad that you get to see Ace soon!

The Notetaker said...

I've been dying to see more pics. She is so beautiful!! And I love that pink headband. So cute.

The Bailes said...

Your precious girl is a doll, beautiful pics, Kelly!