Monday, August 23, 2010

How it's going...

Everyone asks, "How's it going?" So here's an update.
We are alive.
Today was my first day at home alone with both kids. My head is pounding and I had a tiny breakdown (but got rid of it with the thought of a bath and the Bachelor Pad).
Ace doesn't want to take a bath with Lily Kate yet. I think he likes the one-on-one attention he gets during bathtime. Other than this, he's pretty much wiling to share anything with his little sister.
Jonathan and I are both trying really hard to make Ace feel special. Jonathan was convinced that I should get out of the house and go to the mall (on tax-free weekend...a circus). A carousel ride with Daddy was super special.
And Hula has not been forgotten in all of the excitement (although I think she wishes Ace would forget about her - he terrorizes her so).
Overall, Ace is a great big brother so far. He is constantly saying he loves her and wants to know where she is every minute. He wants her to tuck him in for naps and asks for her first when I wake him up in the mornings.
I hope his sweetness towards her continues. The only thing I've had to watch closely is he likes to snuggle/ smush her. He isn't quite as jealous as I worried he would be.
We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Hopefully more smiles.

1 comments:

The Bailes said...

ohhhh, that last "I LOVE her" is to die for!