Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Wolf! Great Fun!

We loaded up the car and went to Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend to spend some time with Honey, Sashi and the Bates.
Grapevine is about halfway to where the Bates live in Arkansas so it was a perfect meeting place and I mean PERFECT! This place was amazing.
Cousins! Braedyn (2), Brookelyn (4) and Ace (3).

Our little fam before we hit the water.
Such a typical Ace face.
Daddy and his mini-me.
Lily Kate showin' some shoulder in her Juicy bathing suit that Lele picked out.
Sometimes she liked it...
...sometimes she didn't.
Lookin' beautiful early in the morning.
She loves her big brother most...Daddy is second.
War of the dimples!
Yes, all three kids know how to operate an iPhone.
Soon to be all 4 kids.
Great Wolf had story time at the clock tower each evening. Ace was terrified yet obsessed with the moose.
Here he is, not sure how close he's going to get to the Moose.
Before we left, we had a small, early celebration of Ace's 4th birthday.

We seriously had the best time. I'm usually a wreck around the water but the lifeguards were great, the water park was safe (lifejackets provided), the rooms were super clean and the hotel itself was super cool. I want to make this an annual tradition.

Lily Kate and I stole away for a few minutes to celebrate the wedding of one of my dearest friends. (See Britt & Todd's blog linked to the right for pics) It was really special. I hope Lily has such special friends in her life when she grows older.

It was a quick trip but SOOOOOO "Great."

3 comments:

bonnie said...

Thank you Kelly for helping create a special time for Britt and Todd. I hope Lily Kate has a friend like YOU who is so loyal, faithful and Godly. Than she will be as blessed as Brittany...She is already very blessed to have you as her mom!

The Windsors said...

Kelly, thank you for making it such a special time for Todd and I. It was wonderful to see you and Lily Kate. You are an amazing friend and a blessing in my life!

The Bailes said...

We have a Great Wolf Lodge in Overland Park, KS! We haven't been yet, but it's the same thing, I think....how fun!