Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rodeo 2011

Rodeo 2011!!!!
Aunt B and Uncle James took us to the Rodeo yesterday and BOY did we have fun.
This year, we were all decked out. Hat, boots, belt buckle, leather vest, pearl buttons AND that was just Ace. At the last minute, on Thursday, Lily Kate and I ran to Hobby Lobby, bought some bandanas and some ribbon and slapped together a dress for her. Not too shabby.
She even got some compliments on it. And here are my two cowpokes ready to party.
Hey! Mommy does exist. Here's a picture of me and my little sherriff.

Sheer delight in the petting zoo. The same goat kept following B around the enclosure and eating out of their hands. Ace was mesmermized by a beautiful deer and loved the kangaroos.
I love Lily Kate's face in this photo. I thought she'd be a teenager before she'd start to look at me this way!
I rarely take pics that don't have people in them but this little chick was trying to peck out of his shell and my camera finally decided to cooperate. Isn't it amazing?
Only in Texas.
And Jonathan tried it.
He had a fried twinkie and a fried snickers. (Saturday is his cheat day. I'll give it to him. He's lost 15 pounds over the past month or so...that's 15 more than me.) He actually said they tasted terrible.
Ace threw a complete fit until he got to ride the ponies...and then threw an even worse one when he didn't get to ride a second time.
This picture encompasses B's battle with Lily Kate the entire rodeo...Lily Kate was gonna eat those diamonds on B's necklace if it was the last thing she did.
The best memory...Lily Kate decided she liked cotton candy...A LOT.

Thank you B and Uncle James. We had the best time.
Brad Paisley was an awesome concert. Ace fell asleep at the end and was so out of it in the car on the ride home that I had to hold his head against his carseat because it was flopping onto his chest in the most unnatural and uncomfortable way. Not Lily Kate, she was wide-eyed and bushy tailed even after leaving the stadium.

Today, we are all EXHAUSTED!

3 comments:

She McCord said...

your little ones are precious!!

The Bailes said...

I love Brad Paisley! What a FUN day!

Emily said...

That bandana dress is adorable! You're so creative!